At Prinos Farm&Deli we want to inspire you in the kitchen, by providing the widest range of premium quality products. And our commitment to food literacy in our communities means we like to share recipes that we think you’d love, that also combine a rich variety of these ingredients. Such as this month’s deliciously flavourful and healthy grilled chicken dish with zucchini ribbons. Not only bursting with the fresh flavours of local seasonal vegetables, this recipe is also packed with protein to keep your energised and strong. Making it an ideal lunch time fix, or a light evening meal as the summer season approached.
We all know that Chicken is a rich source of high-quality protein. But did you know it also offers a wealth of additional nutritional benefits? Not only does this lean meat contains all essential amino acids that our body needs to build and repair muscle tissue, it is also full of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins such as niacin, as well as phosphorus and selenium. These essential nutrients are important for healthy bones, skin, brain function, and immune system support. A great choice for those on a low fat diet, chicken also helps lower cholesterol levels.
Meanwhile, the multiple nutritional benefits of the humble zucchini includes being an excellent source of dietary fibre, which can help regulate digestion and support a healthy gut. Low in calories, carbohydrates, and sugar zucchini is also packed with antioxidants, including vitamin C and carotenoids, which are known for their anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties. And the health check list doesn’t end there. Zucchini’s are also rich in potassium, which is essential for maintaining healthy blood pressure levels and cardiovascular health, as well as vitamin B6 and magnesium, which are important for healthy brain function and mood regulation.
This spring 2023 is a great time to pack plenty of fresh vegetables into your diet. And Prinos Farm&Deli takes pride in offering the best selection of seasonal local vegetables – so you know that the zucchini will be the freshest around. In fact, these zucchini ribbons are a very versatile dish that make a great side to a variety of other meats, fish and sauces. They’re also a great family friendly alternative to pasta, offering a healthier option that the kids will still love.
The team at Prinos Butchery will sort you out with the very best cuts of chicken breast prepared with expertise. And as we like to stock our cheese deli counter with the finest cheeses from around the world, you’ll have the pick of premium mozzarella to top it all off. And the end result is a recipe that finds the perfect balance between sweet, spicey and savoury, that makes for a mouth-watering and unique combination.
So, let’s get on to the recipe itself. We’ve provided links to all the premium ingredients in the list below, so you purchase everything directly from our e-shop!
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup peach preserves or jam
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chili garlic sauce (or Sriracha)
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
For the Zucchini Ribbons:
- 4 medium zucchinis
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce
- Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Firstly, start by preparing the peach glaze for the chicken. In a bowl, stir together the peach, jalapenos, soy sauce, chili garlic sauce, brown mustard and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add salt to taste. Reserve half of the glaze for serving.
- Next, season the chicken with a sprinkle of salt and a brushing of the glaze, then grill over a medium heat for about 6-7 minutes per side, basting the tops of the chicken occasionally with the glaze as you grill.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the zucchini ribbons by trimming each end, then peeling into long thin ribbons using a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer.
- In a large frying pan, heat the sun dried tomatoes and olive oil over a medium heat before adding the minced garlic, chilli flakes, and
- Mix for a few seconds before adding the zucchini ribbons and cooking for 3-4 minutes or until crisp and tender. Stir frequently.
- Remove the ribbons from the heat then stir in the pesto and cubes of fresh mozzarella.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of zucchini ribbons topped with the reserved peach glaze and savour the flavours of summer!
To try it yourself at home just visit Prinos Farm&Deli in Larnaca or Nicosia, or order online using our E-shop today.