For a well-balanced diet, one needs access to a wide range of premium quality food like those stocked at Prinos Farm&Deli. But while balancing the right about of nutrients is recommended, sometimes preparing meals every day takes time. Which is why this month, we’re making a super easy, quick and simple one-pot spring pasta recipe, with asparagus, peas and topped with delicious smoked salmon. Not only is this dish packed full of flavour, it is also light, nutritious and a family friendly meal that the whole family will love.
And as it is Spring 2023, Prinos Farm&Deli wants to encourage our customers to make the most of the freshest local vegetables. Like the tasty asparagus that is in season in Cyprus at the moment. Asparagus is highly nutritious, providing a rich source of many vitamins and minerals including vitamin K, C and A, as well as folate and potassium. This subtly flavoured veggie is also packed with antioxidants and dietary fibre, which help to reduce inflammation and improve digestion. This low calorie food can also help promote healthy blood sugar levels, reduce the risk of heart disease, and support healthy brain function. Its diuretic properties can also help to flush out toxins from the body, promoting healthy kidney function.
Meanwhile, the peas in this dish provide a great source protein, as well as multiple Vitamins and minerals, including Vitamins K and C, folate and manganese. They are also rich in antioxidants, which help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. The high fibre contents of peas mean they help to promote healthy digestion. This low calorie food is also thought to help regulate blood sugar levels, reduce inflammation, and support healthy heart function.
Finally the smoked salmon in this recipe brings the essential omega-3 fatty acids into your diet. Omega-3 fatty acids are essential for maintaining healthy brain function, reducing inflammation, and promoting heart health. This delicious and indulgent food is also a great source of protein which promotes muscle growth and repair, as well as a range of vitamins and minerals. This includes Vitamin D which plays a key role in bone health, immune system function, and mental health.
And to make things event better, every part for this seasonal, fresh spring pasta recipe can be cooked all together in one pot, which makes cooking time faster, and clean up time quicker! By adding the asparagus and frozen peas directly into the paste boiling water during the last couple minutes of cooking the pasta, means less washing up at the end. Moreover, the smoked salmon gets sliced and added in at the end, bringing in a rich salty flavour without the need to add extra time and energy to cook it.
So, what are we waiting for. Now that you have the low-down, let’s get on to the recipe itself. We’ve provided links to all the premium ingredients in the list below, so you purchase everything directly from our e-shop!
- 1 pack of linguine or other long pasta
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus
- Frozen peas
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lemon
- Sour cream
- Smoked salmon
- Fresh basil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- First of all, fill a large pot with salted water, bring to the boil then cook the pasta for around 6-7 minutes or until very al dente, 7 minutes.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the asparagus into 1-2 inch long pieces, before adding to the pasta water and cooking all together for an additional 1 minute.
- Next, add the peas to the pot with the pasta and asparagus, and continue to cook for around a minute more, or until cooked through.
- Now drain the water from the pot, reserving 1/2 cup of the liquid. Then transfer the pasta and vegetables into a large bowl.
- Mix in the butter, 1tbsp of lemon zest, 3 tbsp of lemon juice, 1/2 cup sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste. The stir well adding in the reserved pasta cooking water as needed until everything is coated in a smooth sauce.
- Serve in a bowl and top with the smoked salmon cut into strips and garnish with fresh basil and ground pepper.
To try it yourself at home just visit Prinos Farm&Deli in Larnaca or Nicosia, or order online using our e-shop today.