At Prinos Farm&Deli we make it our priority to bring you the freshest and best quality produce available at our stores and online shop. Which is because we know that fresh fruit and vegetables are some of the most nutrient dense foods you can eat. Not only do we sell some of the best local and exotic fruit in Cyprus, but we also are your convenient solution to fresh fruit and vegetables online in Cyprus.
But sometimes getting your recommended five a day can be difficult. Even though in 2023, Cyprus fruit and vegetables are abundant and delicious. Do you sometimes find yourself asking how can I get myself to eat more fruit? Or how can I trick myself into eating more vegetables? This where juicing comes in. Making fresh juice from fruit and vegetables is a simple solution. Especially if you are using the seasonal fresh fruits and vegetables from Cyprus.
Is Juicing Good for The Health?
An excellent way of incorporating more fresh Cyprus fruit and vegetables into your diet, juicing means your body will benefit from getting all the essential Vitamins and nutrients. But is juicing really good for you? What juicing does is basically extract all the liquid from the fresh fruits of vegetables. This juice is where more of the Vitamins, minerals and beneficial plant compounds are stored.
However, the fibre in the fruit and vegetables is largely lost through juicing (although not in blending). Juicing the fruits and vegetables is believed to help the body to better absorb the nutrients, while also allowing the digestive system a break by removing the fibre that needs to be digested. But now let’s take a deeper look at the scientific benefits of juicing:
Five Benefits of Juicing
- Juicing is a great way of increasing your daily intake of Vitamins and minerals: As we’ve already discussed, juicing removes the fibre from the fruit and veg, leaving only the Vitamin and mineral rich juice. This means that you are drinking more fruit and veg because you don’t have to digest all the extra fibre, thus allowing the nutrients to be directly absorbed into the bloodstream. Which leads us to benefit number 2…
- Juicing means you get a wider variety of vegetables into your diet: Because of its convenience and the removal of the fibre, juicing allows you to consume more fruit and vegetable in one sitting. This also means you are able to incorporate a wider variety of vegetables that you might just cooking them. And variety is great when it comes to health benefits. More diversity of products means more diversity of nutrients and more health benefits.
- Juicing can help increase your energy: Juicing is a great way of increasing our energy levels without relying on caffeine. In particular, fruit and veg that is high in B Vitamins are good for energy, with the juicing process meaning these essential energy giving Vitamins are quicker and better absorbed into your system. Think beetroots, ginger and leafy greens, as well as certain citrus fruits. Just try it in place of your morning cup of coffee for a few days and see how you feel.
- Juicing can detox, decrease inflammation and fight free radicals: We all know that fresh vegetables, leafy greens and fruit are all packed full of potent antioxidants. Such as Vitamin C and A. Which means that juicing these products can be a great way of increasing your intake of these antioxidants. And antioxidants work by reducing any inflammation in the body, nourishing the body and supporting the cells to fight against free radicals. This in turn means healthier looking skin, hair and nails, as well as reducing the side effects of inflammation with its anti-inflammatory properties. Many people opt for a full body detox or digestive reset with fresh juice fasts and cleanses. This helps the organs to flush out any toxins.
- Juicing is thought to help protect against disease: Because juice allows the nutrients to absorb into the body faster and easier, this method is thought to help fight diseases. This is because the body needs these vital nutrients to protect itself against diseases such as cancers, blood sugar imbalances, heart disease and blood pressure issues. Green juices and phytochemical rich fruit and veg are particularly good at flushing out the toxins,
Juicing Recipes we Love at Prinos Farm&Deli
While the recipe options are endless, its important to make sure not to include too many high-fructose fruits. The body doesn’t need much more than 15-20 grams of sugar daily. So, instead keep a healthy balance of both vegetables and fruit for the best health benefits. The recommended ratio is 80% vegetables to around 20% fruit. As long as you incorporate one fructose heavy ingredient – such as apples, pears, grapes, strawberries, pineapple and melon – that will be enough to balance out the less palatable taste of the juiced veggies.
- Healthy Green Juice: Apple, celery, cucumber and kale or spinach.
The ingredients keep you extra hydrated while also working wonders for the gut and reducing inflammation.
- Vitamin Boost Juice: Carrot, orange, ginger, apple or pear, kale and spinach
Packed full of Vitamins with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties this delicious juice nourishes the whole body, strengthening the immune system and organs while fighting inflammation, free radicals and flushing out those pesky toxins.
- Immune Boosting Juice: Tomato, spinach, parsley, turmeric and black pepper
Kick start your day with this tangy and slightly spicy juice that is packed full of superfood antioxidants that enhance your health and support your immune system.
- Superfood Power Juice: Carrot, orange, lemon, nectarine, mint and ginger
This juice is full of superfoods and nutrient dense ingredients such as Vitamin A, C and beta-carotene – making it super healthy, energy boosting, immune system strengthening and intensely hydrating.
- Rejuvenating Anti-Aging Juice: Pomegranate, carrot, beetroot, kale, ginger and lemon This delicious juice is packed with anti-aging properties and free radical fighting antioxidants, for glowing skin that looks younger and healthier.
And the range of options truly is unlimited. You can find so many more juicing recipes online. From juicing recipes for beginners, to juicing for weight loss, or recipes to treat specific needs or requirements. One easy way to drink more fresh juice is to incorporate it into a healthy breakfast. And as an alternate you can also try blending your fresh fruit and vegetables instead. This allows the fibre to also be absorbed by the body, which promotes a healthy gut and digestive system.
And of course Prinos Farm&Deli also make our own fresh juices daily, using only the freshest Cyprus fruits and vegetables we have in store. So all you need to do is pop by the shops in Larnaca or Nicosia to pick up a bottle before work, before the gym or any time during the day. So now the only question left is which juicing recipe will you choose first?