5 Healthy new year’s resolutions to adopt in 2021
The dawn of a new year always brings with it an air of hope and optimism doesn’t it? The natural closing of one chapter and welcoming in of a fresh new start offers the perfect opportunity to make positive lifestyle changes and resolutions of improvement.
Perhaps you have already been thinking about how to live a better life, how to eat a healthier diet or how to be happier and more successful? Whatever your New Years Resolutions are this year, here are five healthy New Year’s Resolution ideas from Prinos to adopt in 2021.
- Try a more Plant-Based Diet: It is becoming harder and harder to ignore the fact that eating a meat heavy diet is not good for the body, or for the planet. So, a vegetarian or vegan diet is a great way to improve your overall health, as well as live a more sustainable an eco-friendly lifestyle. Contrary to popular belief, plant-based diets can provide all the nutrients needed for a balanced diet, including all the protein, calcium, and iron you could need. Just make sure you are getting enough leafy greens and or , and stock up on from Prinos e-shop.
- Cut Down of Refined and Processed Sugars: Sugar cravings and sugar addictions are very real things, but refined and processed sugars are some of the worst things you can eat. Refined sugars not only cause obesity, diabetes, depression, and early aging; they are also linked to a higher likelihood of dementia, heart and liver disease, and cancer. Instead, get your sugar fix from delicious from Prinos, try our or opt for a healthier snack such as or dried .
- Go for Whole Grains over Refined Grains: Gluten-free diets have become fashionable in recent years, but is cutting gluten actually healthy? If you aren’t celiac or gluten intolerant, then instead of quitting gluten, a better resolution is to exchange your refined grains for whole grains. That means instead of white bread, white rice or white pasta which are all made using refined white flour and often contain sugar, opt for the darker, healthier whole wheat alternatives. Prinos stock a range of healthy whole wheat and you can find some healthy whole grain breads at our .
- Drink More Water: The health benefits of drinking water are seemingly endless. And luckily, increasing your daily H2O intake is one of the cheapest and easiest things you can do to improve your overall health and wellbeing this new year. For more specific answers to the question ‘why drink more water?’, check out the following benefits of proper hydration: Drinking enough water can improve the appearance of the skin, boost energy, help weight loss, flush out toxins and relieve headaches and constipation. The recommended daily intake of water is around three to four litres per day – and don’t worry counts!
- Eat More Fresh Fruit and Veg: Its common knowledge that fresh fruit, vegetables and leafy greens play an instrumental role in a healthy diet. These foods are packed full of important nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins that improve the overall function of the body and its organs, as well as warding of disease and aiding weight loss. Luckily, at Prinos we stock a huge selection of some of the freshest and , so come over and stock up on your five-a-day!
At Prinos we are dedicated to helping you eat better and feel better. So, whether you have set New Year’s Resolutions or not, visit our stores or e-shop today for fresh produce and premium products that will improve your diet in 2021.
Don’t forget that you can always put your order online at shop.prinos.eu.