February is a month for healthy and delicious comfort food. So, stocking up on all your favourite groceries and fresh fruit and vegetables from Prinos Farm&Deli is a must. And while our go-to comfort food recipes will always work to beat the winter blues. Sometimes we need new recipe inspiration to get creative in the kitchen and make something new.
Which is why we are sharing this tasty and nutritious recipe for crispy golden garlic butter chicken, served up on a bed of cauliflower rice. This meal is not only gluten-free, but also low in calories, carbohydrates and high in protein. Additionally, it is a very quick and easy recipe to make. So, it makes a great option for those weekday dinners when you don’t want to spend too long in the kitchen after work.
Thanks to the delicious parmesan seasoning, the chicken is crispy on the outside, but still tender and juicy on the inside. Meanwhile, the cauliflower rice soaks up all the fragrant flavours of the chicken seasoning. The trick is to cook the cauliflower rice in the same frying pan as you cooked the chicken, without washing in between. This makes the rice burst with flavour, while at the same time giving all the nutritional benefits of cauliflower.
In fact, cauliflower rice is much healthier than normal rice. But what are the benefits of eating cauliflower? Indeed, this tasty cruciferous vegetable is extremely healthy, while also being delicious, with a sweet and slightly nutty flavour. To sum up, cauliflowers are packed full of nutritional benefits including an impressive amount of Vitamin C. They also contain Vitamin K as well as Vitamin B6, and plenty of folate, potassium, and fibre.
Because of the high quantity of antioxidants in cauliflowers, these vegetables are free radical fighting powerhouses. This means that they can help reduce inflammation, as well as improve skin, hair and nails. They can also help reduce the risk of certain illnesses, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes. In addition, cauliflowers help to promote a healthy gut.
They are also in season in Cyprus in February. And as Prinos Farm&Deli’s vegetables are the freshest around, our cauliflowers are the best of the bunch! And a further bonus? Turning cauliflower into rice is a clever way of getting your kids to eat more vegetables without them realising!
As for that meat in this dish – what are the benefits of eating chicken? This white meat is a great substitute for the less healthy red meats. But it is still high in protein making it a healthy option for the body. The protein in chicken is lean and contains plenty of amino acids that help to strengthen the muscles and bones.
So, without further ado – here is the recipe for you to try yourselves at home – enjoy, and let us know how it went!
- 4 boneless, skinned premium chicken fillets
- 1/2 cup Zanetti Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 whole large cauliflower
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 bio lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Epic Spice BBQ Rub
- 1 tsp Epic Spice Mediterranean Roasting Rub
- Red chill pepper flakes, optional
- Salt and black pepper to taste
For The Chicken:
- First thing to make is the seasoning for the chicken. In a bowl, mix together the grated parmesan, crushed garlic, Epic Spice BBQ Rub and Epic Spice Mediterranean Roasting Rub.
- Next sprinkle some salt and pepper on the chicken fillets; then place each fillet into the bowl of seasoning, making sure they are completely covered.
- Heat up a large frying pan over a medium flame, before melt 2 tablespoons of butter into the pan. Next place the seasoned fillets into the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden and thoroughly cooked through. Then set aside.
For The Cauliflower Rice:
- Take the head of cauliflower, remove the leaves and chop into quarters, then grate using the medium-size holes.
- Next, take the frying pan used for the chicken. Without washing out the pan, melt 2 tbsp of butter and fry the onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the onion and garlic are fragrant, add the grated cauliflower and mix well so that all the cauliflower rice is coated in butter.
- Continue stirring for another minute, then add the vegetable stock, half of the chopped parsley and the zest of the lemon.
- Let the mixture simmer on the head for 1-2 minutes, then add the lemon juice and any leftover parmesan cheese.
- Now stir in the remaining parsley before returning the chicken to the pan to reheat.
- Serve up with fresh black pepper and red chili flakes to taste.
Head down today to Prinos Farm&Deli in Larnaca and Nicosia or visit our online e-shop today to pick up your favourie ingredients for this recipe.