Summertime is for eating light meals with fresh seasonal vegetables. And at Prinos Farm&Deli, we love to encourage you to experiment in the kitchen with new flavours and ingredients from our range of premium of high-end groceries. Which is why for our August 2022 recipe, we’re going for a delicious Spanish themed summer meal of paella with chicken, squid, fennel and green beans.
Chicken and squid are both great sources of protein, while being light meats that won’t leave you feeling too heavy in the summer. Add in some of that delicious fennel for flavour and the green beans for their nutrient rich health benefits, and you’ve got a well-balanced meal. This paella is also a great dish for sharing with the whole family or with a group of friends. Make a big pan of it, open a bottle of wine from the Prinos Farm&Deli Cava and you’ve got the perfect dinner party!
Now, let’s get on with the recipe itself. Although paella is a quick and easy meal to prepare, it does require consistent stirring and supervision to ensure the rice doesn’t dry out and stick to the pan. So, make sure you have around 45 minutes spare to prepare the dish. Read for a list of ingredients with links to our online e-shop, as well as a step by step guide of how to make this tasty summer meal of paella with chicken, squid, fennel and green beans.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 packed of frozen squid
- Parboiled White Long-Grain Rice
- 200g Green Beans
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- 2-3 cups Chicken stock
- ½ cup of white wine
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 can of Pomi diced tomatoes
- Epic spice rotisserie chicken rub
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 large lemon
- First heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large deep frying pan or paella pan, and add the chopped chicken with a pinch of salt and pepper over a medium to high heat. Cook until golden brown then transfer to a plate.
- Next add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and cook the onion over a medium heat for around 4-5 minutes or until it starts to lightly brown. Now add the chopped fennel and garlic and cook for another five minutes until everything has softened.
- Now add in the Epic Spice Rotisserie Chicken Rub and stir, before adding the uncooked rice and mixing well for 2-3 minutes so that everything is coated. Slowly add in the white wine, stirring continuously for 7-8 minutes.
- Once the rice has absorbed the white wine, add in the diced tomatoes, chopped green beans and chicken, then stir in the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover the pan and let simmer for around 15-20 minutes until rice is tender and chicken is cooked through. (if the pan becomes dry, add extra water to that the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Once almost all the moisture has gone and the rice is cooked, add the squid into the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the fresh parsley and let stand for 5 minutes before serving up with lemon wedges and olives.
So, if you like getting experimental in the kitchen and like the sound of this recipe, head down to Prinos Farm&Deli in Nicosia or Larnaca or shop online at our premium e-shop today to have the ingredients delivered to your doorstep!