It’s very nearly Christmas 2022, which means Prinos Farm&Deli have been working tirelessly all month to ensure our clients have all the finest ingredients available from the shelves of our premium food stores in Cyprus.
We’ve also brought you a collection of 12 exotic recipes over the course of the year. Which can all be made using our top quality ingredients and best fresh local fruit and vegetables. Whether for healthy living enthusiasts, plant-based eaters or sophisticated gastronomes, there’s something for everyone on our recipe blog.
In essence, Prinos Farm&Deli believes in a well-balanced diet. As such, our focus is to bring our customers the best foods to help support that cause. But we also believe in getting creative in the kitchen. And pushing our boundaries to make the best meals we can for ourselves and our families.
Which is why for Christmas this year, we’re sharing our very favourite turkey recipes. This dish ensures your meat is not only packed full of flavour. But also stays tender, moist and juicy. Impress your guests this festive season with a recipe that is unique, memorable and will surely be the talk of the table!
Add your favourite side dishes, such as roast potatoes and brussels sprouts for the perfect Christmas dinner or lunch to share with the whole family. You’ll find the ingredients at Prinos Farm&Deli stores or on our e-shop online. And if you are looking for the best accompaniments, wines, sweet treats or even the perfect gift to bring as a guest, you’ll find a exclusive collection at our dedicated Christmas Shop.
- 1 turkey
- 3 medium red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stick of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 liter of chicken or vegetable stock
- Handful of fresh rosemary
- One lemon
- One orange
- Olive oil
For the Stuffing
- 12 strips of streaky bacon
- 300g minced pork
- 100g soft dried apricots
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 1 small red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh sage
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Begin by preheating the oven to 220°C. Meanwhile, to prepare the stuffing, first roughly chop one onion and two cloves of garlic, prepare and finely chop the celery, then set to one side.
- Next, add olive oil to a medium hot frying pan, before adding the sage leaves and about half of the bacon slices finely diced. Now add the pre-chopped onion, garlic and celery and fry together until everything has softened up and lightly browned.
- Remove from the heat and immediately stir in the breadcrumbs and chopped apricots. Once the mixture is no longer hot, mix in the minced pork, a pinch of nutmeg, the egg and the zest of the lemon. Make sure to stir together well, with salt and pepper to taste.
- Next, we prepare the garnishing to add extra flavour and moisture while cooking the turkey. First slice the rest of the bacon in half lengthways and wrap each half slice around a sprig of rosemary and a piece of chopped garlic. You should have 12 small rolls. Now pierce the turkey breast in 12 places spread evenly around the bird and push the rolls into each opening.
- Microwave the orange for around half a minute then place it in the cavity along with the stuffing. Next put the bird on a large oven tray, rub with olive oil and seasoning. Scatter the rest of the onions roughly chopped around the tray, together with the chopped carrots and the remaining garlic.
- Cooking time depends on the weight, so first calculate the time by 20 minutes per 500g. Cover the whole tray in tin foil and cook at 180°C. Take the tin foil off for the last 30-40 minutes before removing from the oven completely and letting everything sit around an hour with the tin foil back on.
- While you wait make the gravy according to your favourite gravy recipes and then carve and serve along with roast potatoes and brussels sprouts for a delicious Christmas feast!
There’s something extra special about celebrating Christmas together with friends and loved ones. And at Prinos Farm&Deli, we want to provide our customers with all the delicious ingredients needed to make a Christmas dinner table to remember.
So don’t forget to come and stock up at our stores in Larnaca and Nicosia. Or make a big Christmas online grocery order at our dedicated and convenient e-shop. Which we’ll deliver straight to your doorstep in time for festive season. For a plant-based alternative to meat try our juicy vegan nut roast. That’s all for us for 2022, we look forward to experimenting with more recipes in the new year! Until then, Merry Christmas and happy turkey stuffing!