Autumn is well and truly here, and at Prinos Farm&Deli that means time to experiment with comforting healthy dishes using prime ingredients from our premium stores. This is a great time of year to cook with all the delicious fresh root vegetables that are in season. And what better way to get a full well-balanced meal, than with a warm autumn root vegetable salad, packed full of the nutritional powerhouse that is kale. Complete with quinoa for full proteins, this dish is rounded off with a deliciously sweet and nutty tahini and maple syrup dressing.
Kale is one of the world’s greatest superfoods. Not only is it rich in plant-based iron, but it also delivers a good source of Vitamin K, calcium, potassium, fibre and is chock full of antioxidants including vitamins A and C. Meanwhile the quinoa is a gluten-free grain that is packed full of vitamins, minerals, protein, fibre and healthy fats. The sweet potatoes in this recipe provide another excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin C, as well as dietary fibre and potassium.
Add the creamy dressing into the mix and you have a delicious lunch or light evening meal that is both colourful and healthy. This dressing is the secret key that makes this salad so morish. And the tahini itself is a rich in nutritional benefits. Its made using sesame seeds, which are a great plant-based source of protein, iron and calcium. In addition, they are packed with Omega 3 and 6, as well as magnesium and B-vitamins.
And you can find all the ingredients at Prinos Farm&Deli stores in Nicosia and Larnaca or online today. So read on for the recipe that is about to become your new seasonal favourite.
- 1 large bunch of fresh kale
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 carrots
- 250g of brussels sprouts
- 200g of beetroot
- 1 pear or 1 apple
- 2 shallot onions
- 1 cup dried cranberried
- 1 cup walnuts
- Cooked quinoa
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
For the dressing:
- First of all, preheat the oven to 170°c. While the oven is heating, roughly chop up all the vegetables and spread on an oven dish. Season with oil, turmeric, cinnamon, garlic salt and pepper before adding to the oven and roasting for 25-30 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, cook the quinoa in boiling water over a medium heat from 10-15 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Next prepare the kale by removing the stalks from the leaves and then massaging the leaves with lemon and olive oil until soft and supple.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk together the tahini paste, lemon juice and maple syrup together in a small bowl, adding extra warm water for consistency if the dressing is too thick.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through, golden and fragrant, remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Now add all the ingredients to a large serving bowl, mix well and then drizzle with the maple and tahini dressing and enjoy!
So now it’s over to you! You’ve got the recipe and we’ve got the ingredients. Which can be delivered straight to your doorstep if you order them today at our premium online e-shop!